Tuesday, December 25, 2007

The Beautiful Language

So I got this weird rash on my left forearm (for a change). Like its been there a while so I decided to see a doctor. Then I realised that I don't know how to say "rash" in Indonesian. So I asked my staff. So then she said "rash", in Indonesian, is called "merah merah" which is directly translated into "red red". So I'm like, well is there another, more specific, term for "rash" cos "merah merah" just seems kinda generic. And she's like nope, you just go to the doctor and say you got some "merah merah" on your arm...

Unbelievable. What kinda cock language does not have a specific term for "rash"? So I guess the Indonsian word for diarrhea is what? "Brown brown"? Which, in Indonesian, is... waitaminute. There isn't an Indonesian word for "brown" either. The colour brown, in Indonesian, is called "coklat" or "chocolate". Which makes you wonder what word they used for "brown" before the advent of chocolate. Maybe they said "shit". Which would make "diarrhea" translate into "shit shit". Which I guess is pretty accurate.

Fucking idiots.

No comments: