Sunday, August 13, 2006

Cod Liver Oil

Was going through the pictures in my phone and I saw this. Did everyone have cod liver oil when we were kids? I took this at the homestay. They feed the baby there with this.



Last time I ever check on wikipedia for cod liver oil before. This is as extract from the entry:

"People who grew up in Asia and other parts of the world often have terrible childhood memories of being force-fed Scott's Emulsion (a popular brand of cod liver oil supplement) until the orange-flavoured version was released."

Taste like fuck right? But I don't know why when I was a kid I liked it leh. I think its cos my parents psychoed me into it. Like they'd go "mmm.. it's time for Cod Live Oil!.. nah.. mmm so nice..." And I would swallow the whole tablespoon stupidly like it was some kinda treat like that. And last time not like now got orange flavoured one. Last time my one was the original white coloured and taste even more sai one. I remember as I got older I would notice my parents making faces to each other and giggle at how I actually liked the stuff.

Anyway, in the homestay, they chase the kid round with a teaspoon and do everything to get him to drink it. Like distract him with his toys or something. But then he's too smart for them so its usually quite hard. Then after they finally get him to drink like half the teaspoon, they pour the rest back into the bottle. Wah lan eh. I mean poor also not poor until like that right? And it kinda defeats the purpose of giving your kid cod liver oil if the bottle is half full of baby saliver right or not? Gross. And then the cod liver oil that they dripped on the floor while chasing the baby around don't need to clean one.

Maybe leave for the rats ah.

1 comment:

Fiona Kathleen Hogan said...

You know, I really liked that stuff as a kid. Still do!