Sunday, July 09, 2006

Snake Bladder Increases My Sexual Prowess For A Day (And I Meet a Pop Star)

So the other night Toyo (that's the cook's name) calls me on my phone and says there's this Indonesian pop starlet I should meet and she's at his restaurant now and she's hot as hell and I should come over immediately. So of course I'm like ok and ride on over.

Anyway, turns out she's just signed on with a local label and starting to catch on here. Apparently she's touring in Surabaya and Jakarta and stuff like that. Anyway, as an ice-breaker, she shows me some of her promo pictures and offers to autograph one for me. Err.. Oooo-kay. Weird way to introduce yourself. "Hi, I'm famous. Here's an autographed picture of myself." Well anyway she does. And Toyo cooks up some pork to mark the occasion. She says I can go check the band out when they practice. Think that'd be pretty cool actually.

Aaaanyway, after fucking Barbara Streisand leaves, Toyo and I start talking about Chinese food again. I say Ari told me that there's this place that sells snake meat and that I've been dying to try some. Toyo's like oh you can get snake meat here in Jogja and when you eat snake its like really good for your body blah blah blah. Then he says he's got some snake gall bladder or heart or something (I didn't quite catch it) in the fridge and says I should try some.

Before I can protest, he's ambled across to the fridge and pulls out this ice cream box filled with little vials of whatever the thing is. Apparently its like fucking bitter so they're all soaked in honey. He gives me one and says its on the house. I take one look and figure, what the hell and I drink the thing. In mid-gulp I'm about to chew on the thing but Toyo says I should just gulp the whole thing down. So I do.

Like ten minutes after I feel a bit warm and Toyo says my face is getting red (though it might have been the beer I had been drinking). He says when I wake up tomorrow, I'm gonna be real "strong". I go.. "Strong for...?" and then I make an 'O' with my hand and shake it back and forth. Toyo goes yeah.. you're catching on, boy.

No comments: