Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Fun With Animals

So I've moved into this homestay to live with an Indonesian family so that I can practice my Indonesian. It's in one of the more upmarket parts of town. Or at least as upmarket as it can get in Yog-I-find-flies-in-my-food-regularly-yakarta.

Anyway, first day I move in, I take a ride around the neighbourhood to check it out. And then I see these two cats having some outdoor action on the side of the road. Doggy-style! Loverboy was even clawing his fuck bitch's back in ecstacy.

And then there's like live poultry running free everywhere who, I'm sure, regularly hang out with their wild cousins who've just flown in from God knows what bird-flu-infested exotic location. Would Monsieur like his H5N1 ala Chickene:



Or ala Swanne?


And then on Monday morning, the most champion thing happened. I woke up at 3am to watch MotoGP that day. So there I am sitting on the sofa, when I notice a fucking big RAT crawling down the wall across the hall. Thinking nothing of it, I continue watching the race. Five minutes later, a smaller one does the same thing. Being only slightly perturbed, I continue watching stoically. Another five minutes later, I see something brown and furry run across the floor straight towards me. I lift up my legs but its too late. Before I know it, the fucker's run up the sofa onto me! So as not to appear too much of a wimp, I merely jump out of my seat but managed to supress my girlish squeel.

I spent the rest of the race standing beside the sofa with half a wary eye looking out for any more rat expeditions up my trousers. Next day I told my teachers at the school and they're all like "Yeah. It's pretty normal to find rats in houses around here." Maybe everybody here's vaccinated against bubonic plague from birth. Wonder if my BCG injection covers that.

5 comments:

Fiona Kathleen Hogan said...

Jimmie. Holy shit.

My yells of terror, since I'm not a girly screamy kind of woman, would still have woken the dead.

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Fucking BS said...

GO. AWAY.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»

Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»