Thursday, June 22, 2006

I Go Swimming Pool for Swim in Water

So I decided to go to the local public swimming pool yesterday for a swim. Big fucking mistake man. There's algae in the pool. Like icky green scum at the bottom of the pool and especially in the corners. Oh did I mention also inside the holes in the tiles where big chunks have broken off? Wow.

You know when you kick off the side of the pool, you expect to feel the tiles kinda squeek against your feet because they're underwater? Like when you slide your finger against a squeeky clean porcelain plate? In this pool when you kick off the sides, it feels kinda slimy. And if you're unlucky, bits of algae get under your toenails. Niiiice.

And there's like shitloads of people in the pool. Like they were having some kind of swimming training for teenagers there. So every lap or so I would ram smack into someone. Ow. And there's lots of people just hanging around in the pool, enjoying the feeling of the cool putrid water. So its kinda like negotiating an obstacle course. They should make an olympic event out of this. Maybe call it the "people slalom".

Went back to my hostel room and scrubbed myself under the shower for half an hour. Had to resist the urge to pry out my nails to wash under them properly. Hey I can still see a green speck under one of my finger nails. Still... not... clean......

2 comments:

Fiona Kathleen Hogan said...

I cannot believe you saw all that broken tiling, people, moss and algae. And still went in.

Fucking BS said...

What can I say? I really needed a swim.