Wednesday, July 19, 2006

At The Airport

So I just came back to Jogja by plane and when I was waiting at Changi Airport, I managed to covertly snap this picture with my phone. Its a bit grainy but you can just make out the details:



Within the red circle, is a woman wearing a white sweater. And she's helping the guy (partially hidden by the blue airport trolley) to pull out his nosehairs with a pair of tweezers. Shiok right! Woohoo! Actually I wanted to take a closer picture but I dare not.

Anyway, "walaupun", as modelled in the above photo, is beginning to become my favourite Indonesian word/personal exclamation. "Walaupun" means "although" in Indonesian. But for me, its like a combination of "walau" as in "walau that bastard fuck my girlfriend" and "pun" as in "cheebye that guy so kok pun eh sai get promotion" (eh sai means "can" in hokkien). Its like a combination of two of my favourite words.

In the above context, "walaupun can be used as follows:

"walaupun, airport also can do personal grooming".

Spread it around!

6 comments:

Fiona Kathleen Hogan said...

Hey - how'd you do that circle thingie?

Fucking BS said...

You just use some photo programme or graphic editor programme la. I think even the paintbrush programme that comes with windows also can. Just open the photo with the programme and use the pencil function to draw it lor.

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

Anonymous said...

Fuck your cheebye. What "Greets to the webmaster"? I make your lan jiao greets my parang ok.